Tuesday, July 9, 2013

YouTube Video: "Vincent Van Gogh Self-Portraits"

I was planning on doing a long post featuring all of Vincent Van Gogh's self-portraits.  At the time, I only thought he'd done about 20 which still survived (at least one was destroyed during World War II.)  And then I found out that DOZENS of Vincent's self-portraits have survived and realized that blog post was going to be the War and Peace of blog posts.

So I left it to the Studio of the South to put together a short YouTube video featuring some of the most famous of Vincent's self-portraits.  One note -- "Self Portrait with Grey Felt Hat" (1887 -- he's wearing a pinkish suit against a greyish background) has some questions around it.  Some art historians think that this is actually a portrait of Vincent's long-suffering brother Theo.  Personally, I don't care who it's supposed to be of.  I like it.)





No comments:

Post a Comment